Thursday, July 12, 2012

...."like the birdies sing, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap".

  First the cheapest. At 26 cents each (by the hundred) Good Times Cigarillo's are sharp but provide a lot of smoke for their size 4.2x27. 


  Second in line are the Magellan Dominican Coronas 5x42 (ring gauges vary from 32 to 44) at $35 for 50 or $59 for 100. 
  I went down to my local Tabac Shop (Red Light, on 2nd St in Macon, GA) and gave one to Chase, the Manager, just to see if my opinion of these held water. What I told him was "Magellan's are not good cigars but not bad cigars, they are 55 cent cigars and that's all you can say about them". After he finished smoking one all he could say was "Uh, so this is 55 cents then?" It's the perfect cigar for mindless puffing.


Then there are the La Aurora Principes. I had smoked these years ago in SF and didn't like them. I stuffed them away in a file cabinet and forgot about them. Now SF is usually 65 degrees and foggy where I lived so the whole area was a giant humidor. Years later I found them again and damn if they weren't pretty good! The new packaging has them wrapped up in foil and they were ready to smoke, no resting needed. They're 5x38 with a pre-clipped end so you don't lose anything. They have a pretty decent flavor (as they are made from all the sweepings from all the other La Aurora products they aught to have flavor). At 66 cents apiece, $34.95 for a box of 55 (& right now, Aug.2012, they're on sale at CI for $29 a box) they are a good everyday cheapo.   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment