Saturday, October 15, 2011

Occupy Macon

I am glad to say that there is now an 'Occupy' movement here in Macon. Along with OccupyWallStreet.org and OccupyTogeather.org, there is now OccupyMacon.org and #OccupyMacon on Twitter, as well as the Occupy Macon Facebook Page. We are just starting but at least I won't be the only one standing in the park with a protest sign next week. I can, of course, be reached here or at Facebook, or (even more surely) at uifinnegan@gmail.com where you grab my attention with the header "Attn: Media Working Group". As I have said we are just after pulling things together, so in all these places look for up-dates. For sure, at the moment, Occupy Macon will be in Dempesy Park @ 3rd &Cherry Sts. Saturday Oct. 22 from about noon to whenever. Care is being taken that all and any permits will have been issued and that an orderly and peaceful assembly held. Hope to see you all then. 

No comments:

Post a Comment