Saturday, June 25, 2016


Hampden, John Hancock, 18 size, 21 Jewel, Hunter Model 4 [HN4L-A] in a Keystone 'Nickeloid' Open Face Case. 
Currently in an Open Face Case. Another Hunter Movement I'll have to find an appropriate Case for {see below}. 

A Model 4, late, Hunter Movement [the only John Hancock Hunter made] may have had gilt/gold screws when it was made but a lot of Hampden's have had these replaced, as time went by, w/ plain screws.

The "Canton" Double Sunk Dial has the usual Arabic Script Numerals that are found on Open Face "Canton" Dials. It has a repaired chip at 10 o'clock as well as some hairlines.

This is my Roman Numeral, Double Sunk, "Canton" Dial. I've never seen Roman Numerals on a "Canton" Open Face Dial & I've only seen a couple of others like this one [never on a watch though]. It's nearly Mint State & I actually bought this watch specifically for this Dial. Here below we have the "Comet" Hunter Case I've found. Needs the Front Hinge repaired but otherwise OK. I do have Two John C. Dueber Special's, as well as the "Santa Fe", in need of Hunting Cases as well so I'll have to see. Update; The John Hancock will have to wait. The Model 4, John C. Dueber Special fit perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment